Laptop Recommendations

rnmscott rnmscott at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 29 16:33:23 CST 2017

Yes, Thinkpads are good...certainly a great keyboard.

Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Steven Pickles <thatpixguy at gmail.com> Date: 29/11/2017  2:26 PM  (GMT+09:30) To: linux SA list <linuxsa at linuxsa.org.au> Subject: Re: Laptop Recommendations
My Thinkpad X220 has been running Linux fairly well for about 6 years. The display is starting to give out so I've ordered a Thinkpad X1 which probably has a few unsupported bits because of all of the bells and whistles. I was going to get the more conservative Thinkpad 13 but then my tax refers and came in so I treated myself. I was going to buy through the Lenovo black-friday sale but I found an Australian eBay store selling a model with a better config than was available through the Lenovo configurator.
Anyhow, I'll let you know if its a scam ;)
pix