Help with information about demand for Linux certifications?

Cameron Milton cameron.milton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 13:09:03 CST 2013

Yeah,
For me as a web developer and an administrator, I don't understand how
someone can develop for a platform and not really explore it. How can you
create something in elegant and works without potentially utilising the
platform it is running on.

For example the Apache(2) Access module or iptables is a much better for
filtering networks than writing your own php filtering with say regex
statements.

Whilst I have skills with
-sql
-php
-git
-html
-javascript
-drupal & wordpress

I also have working knowledge of
-iptables
-apache
-ssh
-sendmail
-samba
*n.b. this is just a small snapshot of my skill versatility.

Yet I'm finding it difficult to find a job at the moment, if a student is
serious about getting into the IT industry they shouldn't limit themselves
to what is required by a course.