Fwd: LinuxSA Leadership Considerations

Grant Petch gpcs at internode.on.net
Thu May 23 13:11:58 CST 2013

Hi Kim & List,
Thanks for the memory refresh, I do recall this now.  When I first
started leading this group from when Geoff handed over the reigns and
probably through the first year and a little into the second year, I was
more ignorant than what I am now, along with probably being overly
defensive.  That is all part of learning something new, it did take me a
while to settle into the role, and made mistakes along the way.  These
days I do feel more comfortable than back in that time period.  I do
apologise for anything offensive that I have said back then, or at other
times.  Also took me a while to get used to differences from leading a
regional LUG to moving up to leading a metropolitan LUG.

Kim can you please let me know what things in recent years that you have
presented at LCA's, and also in your tech meet?  This will also provide
me with a clearer idea of the sorts of things that you have been
involved with in these settings.

Anyone else please feel free to let me know similar things.

Grant