LinuxSA Leadership Considerations

Kim Hawtin kim at hawtin.net.au
Wed May 22 12:09:41 CST 2013

On 22/05/13 09:41, David Pfitzner wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:23 AM, David Lloyd wrote:
>     On 22/05/2013, at 12:45 AM, Grant Petch wrote:
>      > Someone else might be better with communications, meaning posting of
>      > meetings and events on the mailing list, updating the website, etc.
>      > Someone else with a heap of contacts for presenters and speakers
>      > I'm sure that some of you people could add to this list yourself,
>     hence
>      > the list can go on further. Its a basic example of what a leadership
>      > team could look like for our group.
>
>     What is your point?
>
> I thought Grant made his point well.  Which part did you have trouble
> understanding?

I suppose the crux of the matter is, it is hard work finding speakers
and organising a venue. Balancing talks and social events. You have to
be involved with the community, have to be aware of what's going on in
the wider context of FLOSS world. It does take a surprising amount of time.

Building the relationships with potential speakers/presenters is the fun
bit and quite rewarding =)

regards,

Kim
--