Installing Linux on Toshiba Portege 3480CT Notebook

Kim Hawtin kim at hawtin.net.au
Tue Jul 17 11:54:30 CST 2012

On 17/07/12 10:57, Grant Petch wrote:
> This actually sounds like something that I can use this laptop for if I
> end up deciding to keep the little bugger.
> Now how do I create this so called Debian Boot Disk that you have
> mentioned of in your email below?

You read the doco, download the disk image, write it to a floppy and
boot from it...

unless they have dropped the floppy install in their installation doco;

old release;
   http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/i386/apas02.html.en
current release;
   http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/apas02.html.en

how about booting over ethernet via bootp/tftp ?
   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch04.html.en

more at;
   http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/index.html.en

what i'd do is pull the disk out, find an adaptor and install it on
another machine, with a generic i386 target and put it back into the laptop.

if thats all too hard, donate it to your local hackerspace or something.

cheers,

kim