recommend good USB Wifi-N adapter [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Wilkinson, Alex alex.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Dec 6 14:04:33 CST 2010

    0n Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 01:47:09PM +1030, Shane wrote:

    >Can anyone recommend a good USB Wifi-N adapter that'll work nicely under linux?
    >
    >I've tried a D-Link DWA-160 which despite the Atheros chipset was
    >worse than bad - yes it connected OK (Linux & Win) but had horrible
    >sync issues and would randomly drop out or just decide to reset my
    >sessions ... really frustrating when using it for voip/skype, VPN and
    >gaming.
    >
    >So I'm looking for something that'll give me a good solid connection
    >... needs to be USB as I'm swapping it between PC's as needed and can
    >position adapter as needed for best reception ...
    >
    >I have a Netgear G USB adapter thats working great for Windows ... but
    >the drivers are painful on Linux.

http://www.linuxwireless.org/en/users/Devices/USB

  -Alex

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the sender and delete the email.