recommend good USB Wifi-N adapter

Shane squindler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 13:47:09 CST 2010

Hey All,

Can anyone recommend a good USB Wifi-N adapter that'll work nicely under linux?

I've tried a D-Link DWA-160 which despite the Atheros chipset was
worse than bad - yes it connected OK (Linux & Win) but had horrible
sync issues and would randomly drop out or just decide to reset my
sessions ... really frustrating when using it for voip/skype, VPN and
gaming.

So I'm looking for something that'll give me a good solid connection
... needs to be USB as I'm swapping it between PC's as needed and can
position adapter as needed for best reception ...

I have a Netgear G USB adapter thats working great for Windows ... but
the drivers are painful on Linux.

Thanks in advance,
Shane.