Web Filtering

Daniel Burke dan.p.burke at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 09:52:15 CST 2009

IPCop/Smoothwall does the DNS filtering and squid stuff with minimal fuss,
if you can handle a dedicated box.

Of course, the internet is like a loaded gun. Leaving children alone with it
is begging for trouble. Internet filters can always be bypassed, and
children are the most likely to figure it out. If you leave your children
alone with the internet, you are the worst parent imaginable. It doesn't
matter if you restrict your child to certain sites. Someone is going to post
goatse on the kindergarden website. It has happened before, it will happen
again.
"Oh that's ok, I'll block images" - thats why someone invented ASCII goatse.

It's called parenting because there is supposed to be a parent involved.