I want to installed follwing rpms on CentOS5.2

Jaroslav Kautsky jardakau at internode.on.net
Thu Feb 19 23:03:29 CST 2009

ian at ikel.id.au said:
> As Daniel said, using yum is by far the simplest approach instead of using
> rpm.  You don't say why you want just these packages, but if you are trying
> to install virtualization, then this command is simpler than any rpm command
> around:-
>     yum groupinstall Virtualization This will pull in any packages not
> installed already, satisfying dependencies as well.

Hopefully, but not always. My FC8/Gnome 2.20.3 kept sending me emails
every hour "Please update" but yum failed to resolve some of the
dependencies .. I tried to google the missing bits and to install them
manually but mostly failed to get the right versions .. finally I killed
the link causing the emails reminding me to update.

It is possible my depository specs are messed up. The file

/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo

is atteched in case somebody has a suggestion how to improve it.

Thanks, Jerry