HDD full, writing over old files?
dns_server at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 12:45:38 CST 2008
Nice suggestion but not it will not work for me.
1. it is running on SunOS 5.6 and SunOS 5.8
2. I am not admin and the application is running under
the account i am using.
3. it is not only log files but thousands of csv and
4. the applications I am running rotate the log file
each day (outputs using log4j).
5. It has been working fine for more than a year.
--- David Lloyd <lloy0076 at adam.com.au> wrote:
> daniel sobey wrote:
> > I am actually writing some of these maintenance
> > scripts myself for unix and windows to purge these
> > files.
> On your Linux Systems you might want to investigate
> a tool called
> "logrotate" (it's installed on most systems these
> Or this one, written in bash syntax:
More information about the linuxsa