html editor - recommendation please

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Tue Jan 23 08:35:29 CST 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 16:02, Denise Tzumli wrote:
> I'm currently using Ubuntu and want to create a very basic web
> page. In the past I have used AOL Press, a wysiwyg html
> creator/editor, from which you can also access the source and
> edit that, so handy for accessing the meta tags, and ensuring
> that links are correctly configured.
>
> I would like something equally as simple to use. Any
> recommendations?

All the editors I've found in Ubuntu are good.
My preference is Quanta Plus.

If you want simplicity, Nvu has much to commend it.  It is great
for getting quotes and other symbols "right", and it's psuedo
WYSIWG feature is easy to use and desn't produce "code bloat"

Screem is really good for search/replace (where you have "funny
rubbish" on a page when you shoud have a quote or & etc).

Personally, I'd put Bluefish at the bottom of my list, but YMMV.
It's good, but not to my taste.

--
Regards,
Brian