Cross Platform Programming Languages

Glen Turner glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au
Thu Jan 18 07:04:27 CST 2007

> Hey, you want a cross platform language, c++
> Hey you want a cross platform libraries, gtk

I suspect Evan is also looking for a language and libraries
that best suit his applications' needs.  Given that he was
considering Kylix I doubt that C++ is a good fit.

I've got my doubts about Java too, but I'm not an applications
programmer so I'm not buying into this.  Beyond saying that my
biases incline me towards Michael's suggestion of Python or
(less so) Perl and that I've heard good things of wxWindows.