Cross Platform Programming Languages

Samps carlos at unplugd.com
Wed Jan 17 06:11:34 CST 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 10:30, Evan wrote:
> List,
> I am on the hunt as part of a project to select a development language.
> I was looking at Kylix/Delpi but it appears the language has been
> dropped to a degree and it isn't clear from my googling at which point
> it's at.

If you're leaning towards Delphi/kylix because they're what you're comfortable
with, then have a stab at Lazarus.

It is a free, cross platform RAD, that is built on (and with) FreePascal. It
has a strong community driven support base, and free Delphi/Kylix components
are being translated at a great rate at the moment.

It will also allow you to port your existing Delpi/Kyix code, if you've got
any such to consider.

Some good spots to start :

Home of the Lazarus project:  http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php
The Lazarus Wiki:  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Main_Page