Equalising Sound Files in Linux

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Fri Jan 12 05:40:25 CST 2007

Hi There,

Here's the outline of my problem:

  1. There are a number of sound files in .wav format
  2. The volumes are not equalised (i.e. one file may sounds louder than
     the other)
  3. I need to equalise the volumes

I can translate the sounds into any reasonable format if .wav is too
difficult to work with.

Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to do this and quote on it
for me? I don't have the time nor am I very good at editing sounds; from
what I can tell Audacity could do it but I really don't mind what tool
"fixes" this problem...

Please e-mail me off list.

DSL

[Naturally, this should have been done yesterday :P]