* wildcard doesnt work any more....

Spyro Polymiadis spiz at spiz.no-ip.com
Sat Jan 6 16:39:09 CST 2007

Hi All,

As of today - as part of a cron job failing and the server emailing me
of the error - ive noticed that my redhat system isnt recognising the
asterix as a wildcard now
The cron job is simple - just changes to a directory and "rm -f *" the
contents every week...  This has been working all year.

Now the error is:

rm: invalid option -- .
Try `rm --help' for more information.

Logging into the server and trying it manually - even ls * or mv * to
another directory, all come up saying invalid option...

Why would this occur now? it seems as though the asterix just isnt
recognised as being a wildcard now

Weird..

Cheers
Spyro