christian ubuntu released

Bruce Everett bruce.everett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 04:35:09 CST 2006

On 9/19/06, De Fluiter, Desiree <Desiree.DeFluiter at asc.com.au> wrote:
> Buddhism:                                Christianity:
>   "Hurt not others in              "As you wish that men
>    that you yourself would        would do to you, do so
>    find hurtful."                         to them."
>        --Udana-Varga 5:18                 --Luke 6:31
>
> Confucianism:                      Hinduism:
>    "Do not unto others             "Do naught unto others
>     what you would not have       which would cause you
>     them do unto you."            pain if done to you."
>         --Analects 15:23          --Mahabharata 5:1517
>
>    Islam:                                Judaism:
>    "No one of you is a             "That which is hateful
>     believer until he desires     unto you, do not impose
>     for his brother that which    on others."
>     he desires for himself."       --Talmud, Shabbat 31a
>    --Sunnah
>
> http://www.solcomhouse.com/racism.htm
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All good...

But then there is the "Platinum Rule." (I swear I didn't come up with this.)

"Do unto customers as they would like to be done unto. You may like to
be treated a certain way, but they may not." - Chris Thomas (Retail
Trainer) :P

</TongueInCheek>

In all seriousness, if someone feels more included in the Ubuntu
project through a small, extra consideration (which doesn't require
that much to impliment) then that's fine by me. Just as long as it
doesn't slow down the bug reports.

Bruce

--
Bruce Everett
"I wish I could have a random quote here, but I'm using gmail's web