how to set next 5 days

Zitian Guo ZGuo at aws.com
Tue Sep 5 22:24:00 CST 2006

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for help.

I want to

date -d '060905 - 4 hours' +%y%m%d%h

But this does not work.

Do you know how to do this?

Thanks!

Zitian

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Foote [mailto:chris at inetd.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:26 AM
To: Zitian Guo
Cc: LinuxSA
Subject: Re: how to set next 5 days

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Zitian Guo wrote:

> In order to do weather forecast every day, I need to set up beginning and
ending
> time in the script.  I can use "data -u %Y%m%d" to set the time for to day,
but,
> how can I set the time for the next 5 day?

Do you really want to set the time or just read it ?

To view the current UTC date:
 	date -u +%Y%m%d
To view the current UTC date in 5 days time:
 	date -u +%Y%m%d --date="5 days"

If you wanted localtime instead of UTC, remove the -u switch.

Cheers,

--
Chris Foote <chris at inetd.com.au>
Inetd Pty Ltd T/A HostExpress