OT (slightly): OSX mail attachment saving problem

David de Groot david at viking.org.au
Tue May 23 00:46:46 CST 2006

Shannon Lloyd wrote:
> <snip>
> Any clues as to how we might recover this document? Or should she just
> resign herself to losing it? Word presumably saved *something*
> *somewhere* when the save button was clicked, right?

Yep, it saved the copy that was in /tmp/$UID/..../$TEMPDOCNAME

Notice the use of past tense.... being in /tmp, it is likely gone now.

However, check /tmp/$UID   (where $UID is the account's user id number -
usually 501 for the first account created on the machine), as providing
you haven't restarted Mail since then, you might be lucky and it *might*
still be there.

Dave