linux phone pda thingys

David Newall david at davidnewall.com
Wed May 17 15:56:20 CST 2006

Bruce Everett said:
> Am interested in the whole linux on phone/pda thing, but am at odds at
> where to begin.

I already told you: Nokia 770.  Nothing else comes close.  It's the
screen; that's why I can and regularly do do my email on it, and why
nobody else honestly does it on their PDA's pathetic QVGA (or worse)
screen.  The 770 is a real computer in your palm.  The other day I was
speaking to a client while logging in to their server with SSH, all while
crossing North Tce; this is no lie!  Okay, not many cookies for road
smarts, but damned impressive.