Mutt and using limit

Wayne Sierke ws at au.dyndns.ws
Mon May 15 06:12:19 CST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 14:38 +0930, Brian wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use the 'Limit' feature on Mutt. I would like to
> use it to display emails from an individual sender. Is this possible ?
> Typing in a name or part of a header - or the full alias does not seem to
> work.

Using a limit filter of either:

        Wayne

or:

        ~f Wayne

works as expected for me. What is your "simple_search" variable set to?
If it's not "~f %s | ~s %s" then maybe your .muttrc is messed up or
you've had finger troubles? Use the "enter command" mutt command -
default is colon - to enter command mode and type the command "set
simple_search" to see the current setting.

Wayne