IMAP/TLS for remote users only

Daryl Tester Daryl.Tester at iocane.com.au
Wed May 3 01:15:31 CST 2006

Shannon Lloyd wrote:

> Does anyone know what settings are required to force TLS usage for IMAP
> (using Courier) for remote connections only?

If you're running the courier-imap daemon under daemontools
(specifically, tcpserver) then I believe you could add the
environment variable to connections by default, and not have
the variable set for your local LAN connections (caveat - I
don't use courier, so I haven't tried this).  Otherwise,
depending on your network topology, you could set up two
courier daemons, one accessible internally, the other
externally.

Cheers,
   --dt