Sunday Mail Article

Alex Wallis awol at awol.no-ip.org
Mon Jun 13 04:15:53 CST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:16:44 +0930
Paul Schulz <pschulz01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> I apologise if I offended you with my post. I was pleased to see the
> Linux article in the Sunday Mail...

Apology accepted. I was originally delighted by the newspapers'
interest in Linux, and flattered to be asked to help out, but have
subsequently realised there are much bigger issues here that the rest of
the list seems to be ignoring.

> I am also aware that newspapers cut and slash content. It was good to
> read what you had originally sent
> them.

Aint that the truth!

> I appriciated your response to LinuxSA, and would like to know
> how else you thing Linux users
> in Adelaide can advocate Linux.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Personally I think it's the duty of ALL Linux users to demand that their
representive organisations like Linux Australia and the others, to not
only be "seen to be doing their jobs" but actually accomplishing the
promotion and distribution of information on Linux and what it has to
offer. A point I tried to make on the list and seems to have gone
completely unnoticed and obviously of little interest to the rest of
linuxsa.

I'm not sure what else I could be doing except to perhaps contact the
other media organisations to inform them that I at least am willing to
answer their questions if no one else will.

Alex
awol at awol.no-ip.org
http://awol.no-ip.org/