Debian Sarge ships

Mark Smith xorp at 020602005a5b40404e4440475758417a.nosense.org
Tue Jun 7 03:49:50 CST 2005

I'm really starting to think hell has frozen over - within the last 12
months or so

- Apple moves to Intel
- Microsoft released open source software (http://sourceforge.net/projects/wix/)
- Microsoft Xbox 360 using IBM PowerPC rather than Intel CPU
- Intel _followed_ AMD's technology lead by implementing AMD64/X86-64 ISA

(anybody else got any "inconceivables" 18 months ago or more that have happened ?)

What next, George W Bush and Osama Bin Laden get married ?

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 13:11:38 +0930
Glen Turner <glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au> wrote:

> > The Debian Project is pleased to announce the official release of Debian
> > GNU/Linux version 3.1 codenamed ``sarge'' after nearly three years of
> > constant development.
>
> which lead to this on LWN.net:
>
> darthmdh:
>  > Bugger, there goes the ten bucks I put on the four horses
>  > of the apocalypse being released before sarge ;-)
>
> nurhussein:
>  > Well, if it's any consolation to you, Steve Jobs announced
>  > that Apple will move to Intel right before the release of
>  > Sarge. Does that count?

        The Internet's nature is peer to peer.