Installfest 05

Michael Davies michael at msdavies.net
Wed Jun 1 04:44:08 CST 2005

Greg 'groggy' Lehey said:
> On the other hand, we've discussed this in the past, and we've come to
> the conclusions that Installfests are a bit old-fashioned.  Nowadays
> nobody should need much help installing Linux or BSD.  Now we know
> that's not strictly true, but the declining attendance at such events
> tells its own story.

Agreed.  Moving to a post-install help session might even still be a
worthwhile thing to do - i.e. a configfest.

Or a hackfest - i.e. getting people all installed up with development
libraries and the such and running through the basics of autotools, make,
gcc, gdb etc.

Or perhaps this is overly ambitious :-)

--
michael at msdavies dot net