Mac mini

Bevan Coleman blcoleman at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 14 01:30:26 CST 2005

> > It's the only OS I use at home now, I can not see why I would pay
> > money to
> > Apple/Microsoft when Linux does all I want.
>
> True as that might be, I reckon you'd find things you could do with a
> Mac that you'd not even consider doing on your Linux machine. Or your
> Windows machine, for that matter. If you had the opportunity presented
> to you, I'd strongly recommend living with a Mac for, say, a month, and
> reevaluating your position afterwards. You might be surprised.

Any examples? Because for the life of me I havn't seem a single thing that the
Mac does that is noticable better then what I do on my work Windows PC. Sure
some of the stuff is probably better then linux, some of the linux desktop type
app are a little limited but as i said... linux does all I want anyhow.

I do know a number of people with PowerMacs and others, the think that really
strikes me is that they all seem to have installed Fink and a number ported
Linux apps. Which seems to defeat the point to me of getting a Mac in the first
place.

Oddly my first computer was an Apple, I first stared programming (basic inbuilt
on ROM) on it when I was fairly little (6/7ish) but that was a long time ago
now.

--
Bevan Coleman