2.6 issues

magpie cabernet at webshield.net.au
Mon Jun 28 23:58:55 CST 2004

Just installed a vanilla 2.6.7 on this suse box. Accordingly I downloaded
the Nvidia driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-5336-pkg1.run. It installed ok and x
is up and running - but no consoles are working. F2, F3, F4 etc are all
blank screens. The only log I can see is

Showconsole warning : the IOCTL TIOCQDEV is not know by the kernel.

Has anyone seen this problemo ?

Most of my hardware is working once the correct module is loaded. I have to
do this manually at the moment. They are

usbhid
usblp
cdc-acm

I have  looked at the modprobe.conf.local file but cannot see how to use this to
load the modules. A working example of this would be helpful.

Cheers
Brian