[OT] Adelaide Bank Online Banking

Andrew Reid andrew.reid at plug.cx
Sun Jun 27 23:59:53 CST 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 09:19:12PM +0930, David Fitch wrote:

> >All that said, there is a bit to be said about writing software
> >platform-neutral in the first place.
>
> the annoying thing about the way most websites do different
> things for different browsers is that almost always they just
> do it for cosmetic reasons to try to make their site look
> exactly the same for all browsers.  So long as I can clearly
> read the content I don't care how it looks.

Cosmetics is the name of the game, Dave; whilst I quite like using
Mutt and emacs for managing my mail, there's a reason that this
delectable duo isn't the dominant MUA in this world.

Similarly, an Internet banking application that's shiny on the outside
inspires confidence in the average punter, and in the money business,
confidence is pretty damn important.

   - andrew