linux backup windows

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Thu Jun 17 11:30:35 CST 2004

Raymond Orchison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a backup solution for a windows network. I have a linux
> box and would like to backup the windows pc to the linux box.

While something like backuppc might be good for doc files etc, you may
want to look at imaging as well.

If you have FAT32 (or want to risk NTFS support) you could try one of
the linux livecds which has partimage on it. You can run a partimage
server on your linux box and backup and restore partitions over the
network. It supports bzip2 and gzip compression of images.