[ARTICLE] M$ to block SP2 for Win XP pirate users

David Newall davidn at rebel.net.au
Sat Jun 12 12:35:04 CST 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Glen Turner wrote:
> For the reccord, Cisco policy is that IOS upgrades which correct severe
> security issues are available to anyone with Cisco equipment (ie,
> including those without software maintenance agreements).

They say otherwise on their website.  As quoted from their web,
"non-contract customers who are eligible for the update may obtain
it by contacting the Cisco TAC."  Of course, only they can say which
non-contract customers are eligible, and perhaps they mean "anybody."
If that's what they mean I've not been able to find any indication.