Apache Help

Andrew Reid andrew.reid at plug.cx
Tue Jun 1 02:16:11 CST 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 11:39:23AM +0930, Jeremy wrote:

> I have had a look at custom log directive, however I can't see any
> reference to using separate log files for each virtual host when using
> mod_vhost_alias (ie, I assume there may be some variable to use in the
> CustomLog line which would specify create a new log file based on the
> dns name used like the %0 option when using mod_vhost_alias ??)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#customlog

... seems to imply that, just perhaps, CustomLog will take an argument
or two in the filename.

Whilst http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats
doesn't explicitly say that %0 is an acceptable argument, try it
anyway; Apache will only spit at you if it's not a valid argument.

   - andrew