xmms, gnome, and global keyboard shortcuts

Damien Uern carrigan_2606 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 9 21:53:51 CST 2003

FWIW, in KDE you can download a panel applet called xmms-kde, and you can
assign global key combinations for controlling XMMS.

To allow KDE to launch apps or do whatever on keyboard shortcuts, go to KDE
Control Centre, then click Accessibility->Keyboard Shortcuts (Dunno why the
hell it's under accessibility). Under "Command Shortcuts" you can apply key
combinations to launching any app inside your KMenu.

Cheers,

Damien