[Buga] Re: [lca2004-helpers] Re: Alleged "toy" MTA

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Wed May 28 13:11:29 CST 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003 01:22 am, Richard Russell wrote:

> No, you misinterpret me. I'm not asking you to look at the result of
> his diffs, I'm asking you to look at the actual message that he used
> in that diff. It appears to have been sent to you directly, as well
> as via the list. Hence, you should have two copies of it in your
> email client.
>
> They were sent by Greg, with subject "Toy MUAs (was:
> [lca2004-helpers] Badges for LCA)", at 11:43 am. You should be able
> to find them.

"Should" being the operative word!  :-)
There have been HEAPS of messages and many duplicates and triplicates in
several list folders on my system.  I promise to TRY to find the
original messages.  :-)

Thanks for going to the trouble to explain diff output.  That was kind.
I have seen many of these when using mergemaster after a FBSD rebuild,
so that really wasn't the problem (though I find the output quite
clumsy).  The issue for me was being quite unable to understand the
meaning of the diff comparing message headers.

Your message providing some interpretations was most helpful in that
regard.

> By the way, one change I did notice in Greg's diff is the footer info
> that was added. I think it probably *shouldn't* break a mail client,
> but it *might* -- but I don't know if that is a bug in the mail
> client or a bug in the mailing list server...

I opine to the latter because I have had zero trouble for many occasions
elsewhere.  However, that doesn't _prove_ Kmail innocence.

--
Regards,
Brian