Help! I've been blacklisted! [was Re: adelaide IT jobs]

Richard Russell richard at yellowgoanna.com
Tue May 27 21:06:39 CST 2003

<snip>

I understand your point, but I reject it. I find the practice of
blocking whole IP ranges to be rather dumb, and I will make efforts to
correct those attempting it. I think it is a dysfunctional way of
dealing with SPAM. That said, if someone persists in doing so, it just
means that they miss out on my messages, and enter my own mental
blacklist of admins who don't know what they are doing. Certainly, if
their setup accuses me of being a spammer and gives me no way of
contacting them to tell them I am not, they are to be "considered
harmful". No offence or slur is intended by this message, it's just how
I think.

rr

--
Richard Russell