redhat 8.0 rc.local

steve steve at openoz.net
Tue May 27 20:14:10 CST 2003

Danny sorry bout the hacking. The rc.local is the last place to run on
boot, so my guess is check the command you typed into rc.local.

On a note that might cause a little heat, personally I would not use a
redhat/mandrake/suse/most big distros facing the world. There are too
many custom easy to configure firewalls that would quite easily pass
data to your redhat machine. And keeping a big distro safe means LOTSA
patches and a good firewall. Dont get me wrong its possible, its just a
pain.

Find and old machine and use IPCOP/SMOOTHWALL and allow traffic to get
to your box behind it. Unless of course your just having fun ;-)

Anyways just a ramble :-)

Steve D