Alleged "toy" MTA

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Mon May 26 23:23:49 CST 2003

On Mon, 26 May 2003 09:56 pm, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> > > I can't it isn't valid MIME.
> >
> > What problem do you see?
>
> It looked like it was part of a MIME message was quoted without the
> framework to make it a proper MIME message.

Exactly.  Now it can be told!  :-)
Actually, perhaps the smiley shoud not be there.
I sent a jpeg to Daniel (who also uses Kmail) - it worked just fine.
Did the same for Ian - no problems.
Ian sent me his original jpeg "direct" - worked just fine.

It now seems clear that the problem is that when messages are processed
to form the lca2004 digest, changes are made to MIME/jpg files such
that Kmail (and no doubt some other mail clients) cannot read them.
THAT needs to be fixed.

--
Regards,
Brian