Samba guest printing

James Leone jleone at pacbell.net
Mon May 26 15:01:09 CST 2003

Richard Sharpe wrote:

>On Sun, 25 May 2003, James Leone wrote:
>

>>Does anybody know why when Samba checks pam for the user nobody, a print
>>job will get rejected?

Its working now. :-)     Guess what I did wrong.   :-[   I forgot to
look at my smb.conf file!

It had some older printer share entries already on my smb.conf file.  I
copied the smb.conf file over to the upgraded server, but I forgot that
I already had printer entries on my smb.conf file. My older printer
entries did not include "guest = ok", but the newer printer entries
descriptions did.

(Yeah I had identical printer share entries contradicting each other in
the same configuration file. ) :-D

Anyway, I was able to set up printer shares for the first time, and I
was also able to set up a PDF creator print share, so I am happy.
 Another thing that is really neat, is that my print jobs are faster
when they go through the Samba server instead of directly to the printer!

Thank you,

James Leone