X resets

Adam Naumowicz adamn at math.uwb.edu.pl
Sun May 25 04:44:03 CST 2003

Hello,

I've tried for some time to make my xdm show a menu
of other X hosts available on the network, and finally
discovered that it seems enough to enable chooser and change
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0
into
:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -indirect my_host_name :1
in my /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file.

Unfortunately, it apeares not to be that good, since
after logging my Xserver suddenly resets every minute and displays
again the chooser menu ;-(
Does anyone know what can be the reason?
Or maybe there is a better way to get local hosts menu with xdm?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Adam Naumowicz

Department of Applied Logic            fax. +48 (85) 745-7662
Institute of Computer Science          tel. +48 (85) 745-7559 (office)
University of Bialystok                e-mail: adamn at mizar.org
Sosnowa 64, 15-887 Bialystok, Poland   http://math.uwb.edu.pl/~adamn/