Alsamixer

Andrew Lord andrewlord at internode.on.net
Fri May 23 12:04:04 CST 2003

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your feedback. It's now a matter of speculation as to whether
'sound' and 'alsa' were present under /proc/devices when alsa wasn't working.
It is now of course (see my reply to Alan re complete system reinstallation)
and I have checked /proc/devices and found that they are there.
Thanks for this tip though. . . I'll remember to have a look at /proc/devices
when (I'm guessing it *is* a 'when') alsa breaks again.

Cheers,

Andrew Lord