Death of SeNet as we knew it

Michael Firkins michael at home.lyppard.com.au
Thu May 22 19:49:15 CST 2003

Hi.

Nathan Millhouse said:
> Is all this trouble with SeNet really recent?

Not really, It's been on a slide for a while. It's just gotten drastically
unacceptable over the last few weeks.

> As far as I know SeNet has been disolved into Ozemail by order from
> WorldCom.
> If my information is correct from a friend who just lost his job on
> helpdesk there cause they were being shut down,
> then all SeNet customers are already dialing into the OzEmail system
> without knowing it. If that's the case, then maybe they
> have also re-routed the help desk number to a section of OzEMail
> dedicated to taking on the existing SeNet userbase.

That's about the sum of it, I think. A new 'innovation' was announced
recently with the 1300 phone line. The day after it was introduced the old
number answered with a short message about the new number and you were cut
off. Nice message to the customers - we'll waste your money and your time.
Thanks.
A good local business progressively destroyed by a bunch of nameless
twirps in 'head office' I wonder how long till they drop the senet name
because it no longer carries goodwill?
Total institutional cowardice. You would think thay would have the
intestinal fortitude to let their customers know what they were doing and
why. What's that? 50 odd jobs lost in SA? Damn shame if you ask me, and a
waste.
Well, off to find a new one. I won't be staying for further 'treatment',
I've had enough. Once a business forgets who their customers are and how
to look after them, they have lost the right to their support.
Michael