Laptop

Patrick Browne PBrowne at pedarecc.sa.edu.au
Thu May 22 10:11:39 CST 2003

I run a Toshiba 6100 P4 1Ghz, 512mb RAM & Nvidia GForce4 Go Video.

RedHat 9 & Mandrake both run well. (as do Win2k & WinXP withing their
specs)

Both distros deal with the cute 2Gb PCMCIA card I have in one of the
slots. (would be cool if I could boot off this, but I haven't really
looked into it.)
Inbuilt 10/100 Ethernet and Modem are picked up fine.
However I haven't tested the inbuilt Wireless with either distro.

Regards,
Patrick Browne
ICT Network Manager (CNA)
PEDARE CHRISTIAN COLLEGE (INC)
2-30 Surrey Farm Drive, Golden Grove, SA 5125
Phone: 8251-2600 - Fax: 8289-2677 - Mobile: 0409-820033
E-Mail: pbrowne at pedarecc.sa.edu.au
Web: http://www.pedarecc.sa.edu.au

>>> Daniel A Moore <danielm at gropep.com.au> 22/05/2003 9:49:46 am >>>
>

>Expand that to read, "Stay away from anything that isn't a Compaq."
>
>Back in your good books again?
>
>Cheers,  Ian

I agree... dodgy stuff :S
The Toshiba's seem OK but I've never tried them with Linux, any reports

on those?

--
LinuxSA WWW: http://www.linuxsa.org.au/ IRC: #linuxsa on
irc.freenode.net