New H ard Drive-Update

Brian Marr cabernet at ihug.com.au
Sat May 17 18:28:50 CST 2003

The PC is now bootable with its new drive- so some progress. One of my
problems was having the CDrom as 1st Boot disk and hd1 as the second. After
failing to boot on the cdrom grub was looking to boot hd1 however hd0 was the
bootable hard drive. Once this was changed things started looking up : ) In
addition getting the jumpers correct helped.
Is it ok to have the CDrom as Secondary Master and hdd1 (40GB Seagate) as
Secondary Slave ?
The reason I ask is because I cannot mount hdd1 yet. I am getting error
messages about an ide-disk driver not present and Reiserfsck failing when the
system boots. Yet when booting into rescue and running reiserfsck it on this
drive it completes without any problems.
Brian Marr