sco pathetic letter

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Fri May 16 12:07:34 CST 2003

On Thursday, 15 May 2003 at 23:20:00 +0930, David Newall wrote:
> Lukasz Slazak <goorooff at wp.pl> wrote:
>> http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html
>
> I think SCO should defend any legitimate claim they have.  The problem
> is that I'm not convinced their claim is legitimate.  Call me cynical,
> call me paranoid, but I can't help wondering whether Bill Gates owns any
> SCO shares.  Buying SCO and sinking the company on an ill-founded attack
> on Linux might well kill off his true competition.  If all it cost were
> SCO, Gates might well consider that cheap.

Microsoft used to own a majority of SCO.  Recall that their first
product was Microsoft XENIX.  I read in another message today, which I
didn't substantiate, that Microsoft still is #2 share holder of SCO.

I'm writing a position statement which you'll find at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/sco.html when I've finished it (probably
this afternoon.

Greg
--