sco pathetic letter

John Edwards isplist at adam.com.au
Fri May 16 10:10:27 CST 2003

davidn at rebel.net.au wrote:

>Lukasz Slazak <goorooff at wp.pl> wrote:
>

>>http://www.sco.com/scosource/letter_to_linux_customers.html
>>

>I think SCO should defend any legitimate claim they have.  The problem
>is that I'm not convinced their claim is legitimate.  Call me cynical,
>call me paranoid, but I can't help wondering whether Bill Gates owns any
>SCO shares.  Buying SCO and sinking the company on an ill-founded attack
>on Linux might well kill off his true competition.  If all it cost were
>SCO, Gates might well consider that cheap.

SCO's share price has gone up 28% since making this announcement, and
it's been claimed that their attack on IBM has been designed to make the
larger company buy them out rather than settling.

http://ir.sco.com/index.cfm - today shares are trading at $4.55, before
the linux announcement they were around $3.50. I don't think you need to
be cynical to figure out what's going on.

John Edwards