Tape robot

Richard Russell richard at yellowgoanna.com
Tue May 13 12:07:39 CST 2003

Hi all,

I am not familiar with tape robots and the like, but am in a position
where a client might be able to get hold of a particularly cheap robot
for themselves -- but they'll want me to configure it. It's an "ACL
4/52", which means it has space for 52 tapes and 4 tape drives (it has 3
DLT4000's installed, and 50 tapes). It has an Ultra-Wide differential
SCSI interface. We use AMANDA running off a Linux system to do our
backups at present, writing to a single DLT drive (I can't recall if
it's DLT4000 or DLT7000...).

How can I go about telling whether this will be managable by AMANDA on
Linux? Where do I find out what tape robots are supported? What does
"differenctial" in "Ultra-Wide differential SCSI" mean?

Cheers

rr

--
Richard Russell