Putting it all together / office multifunctionals & Linux

James Leone linuxcpa at netscape.net
Sun May 11 04:49:04 CST 2003

Daryl.Tester at iocane.com.au wrote:

>James Leone wrote:
>

>>M:                         RETR D000074756b8f.ver
>>W2k:                    150 Data connection.
>>

>So the scanner is picking up files as well as delivering
>them.  I wonder what mechanism told it to pick up those
>specific files?  What action was it performing at the time?
>

>>Now if I can only get ftp to use the "correct"
>>ports, maybe,  I will have a chance to test out the "server."
>>

>Depending on the FTP daemon, you can set that up in /etc/inetd.conf
>(you'll need to add an entry to /etc/services, as /etc/inetd.conf
>looks up its port names symbolically).
>
>--dt

I am using Pure-ftpd and have changed the following to have FTP operate
under port 3670:

/etc/services:

ftp    3670/tcp
fsp    3670/udp

/etc/xinit.d/pureftpd

server_args = -p 3670

/etc/init.d/pureftpd seems to start the service and check for status.

Pure-ftpd will not start if I edit /etc/pure-ftpd.conf to read:

Bind 192.168.x.999, 3670

I don't know what to do next. Maybe try another FTP server program?

James Leone