Dynalink RTA-100 ADSL Modem compatible with Linux & FreeBSD

Barney Wrightson barney.wrightson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed May 7 14:56:48 CST 2003

Darren Williams wrote:
> Hello All
>
> Just a small inquiry. Does anyone know if the Dynalink RTA-100 adsl modem is
> compatible with Linux & FreeBSD? This modem has a built in router setup for
> internet sharing. Do you see any problems with a heterogeneous network using
> this as the gateway to the internet, apart from the issue of security?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Darren Williams
> Power Solutions Dtd Pty Ltd
>
> Did you know: "PSD has now extended its solutions to include an innovative
> web based ICD Coding audit tool for hospital use."
>
> 62 Unley Road, Unley
> South Australia 5061
> Australia
> Ph: 08 8305 1584
> Fax: 08 8272 2681
> E-mail: darrenwilliams at power-solutions.com.au
> Web Site: http://www.power-solutions.com.au

I have this modem/router running with 1 debian and 1 win98 machine
connecting to it. I initially had problems where it would randomly lock
hard and need a reset - that seemed to be related to web traffic, but a
recent firmware upgrade seems to have fixed it, although I had to do
this upgrade from windows :p

All I had to do was plug it in and then set up the ADSL details via it's
web configuration, and off it went. I have it acting as a DHCP server also.

It also has some firewalling features, although I am unsure how good
these are.

HTH,
Barney