handhelds

Andrew Reid andrew.reid at plug.cx
Wed May 7 13:57:20 CST 2003

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 01:39:03PM +0930, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

> > Internet applications? E-mail? I'm not sure, but I reckon it'd be
> > possible to get AvantGo to update wirelessly.
>
> Go check it out on the Palm website - the Tungsten C comes with web browser,
> email client etc etc

Hmm. It's long been one of my previous employer's aims to have
teachers in schools running around with these things and using them to
keep the role book and the like. With wireless technology, you could,
much more easily, develop a system that'd give you pretty
up-to-the-second status on student locations and such.

Interesting! Once I've recovered from my next up-and-coming shopping
spree (AppleStore shopping!), I think a PDA'll be on the list. I do
like  the idea of BlueTooth and being able to dial out from the PDA
without wires :-)

   - andrew