OFFTOPIC - Looking for network processor + 2 * GbE + 32b PCI

Glen Turner glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au
Wed May 7 13:05:18 CST 2003

Since there's a selection of hardware people on this list.

I'm looking for a network processor and 2 GBIC gigabit
ethernet ports hosted on a 32bit PCI card.

Such a card might be used in a fast firewall.

I want such a card to hang off a passive optical tap
to provide
  - generation of NetFlow records
  - lawful interception
  - libpcap packet capture for fault investigation

A router could provide this and more, the advantage of
using a passive optical tap being easier managability and
better robustness.

Off-list suggestions for possible card sources would
be massively appreciated.

--
Glen Turner         Tel: (08) 8303 3936 or +61 8 8303 3936
Network Engineer          Email: glen.turner at aarnet.edu.au
Australian Academic & Research Network   www.aarnet.edu.au