Looking for CDRW Master burners.

Pigeon jah.pigeon at ukonline.co.uk
Fri May 2 11:05:03 CST 2003

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 09:02:13AM +0930, Michal Mienik wrote:
> [...]

Yes, In The Beginning there was the Sony chipset (one 16-bit DAC
multiplexed across channels) and the Philips chipset (two 14-bit ADCs,
one for each channel). The 14-bit idea looks dodgy, but the reduction
to 14 bits was by means of an oversampling / noise-shaping technique,
so you did get 16-bit resolution and you got some of the quantising
noise shifted out of band as well. (This is the technique which is
taken to the limit with the 1-bit DAC.) You also got a converter with
better linearity than the 16-bit multiplexed chipset. Really, it was
the 16-bit chipset that was the "cost-cutting" one - ie, using one DAC
instead of two to cut costs.
--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons