Looking for CDRW Master burners.

Pigeon jah.pigeon at ukonline.co.uk
Fri May 2 04:46:57 CST 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:32:47PM +0930, David Fitch wrote:
> --On Tuesday, 29 April 2003 7:46 PM +0930 Branko Bratkovic
> <branko at senet.com.au> wrote:
> >I thought that buying Sony would be a good thing.  They make the best
> >monitors, their VCRs are amongst the most reliable (according to Choice)
> >and  their HiFi gear is sort of respectable. How could their CDs be such
> >rubbish?
>
> dunno about sony CD drives, but I reckon these days their TVs, monitors
> and VCRs are mainly trading on the brand name.  Sony HiFi gear is a
> step above stuff like akai but that's about it.

Whenever I've been asked to repair something made by Sony it's
generally been a bitch to repair, often due to being badly made in the
first place, which is also the reason why it failed. I've fixed a Sony
amplifier where if you disconnected the preamp section from the power
amp section to see which section the fault was in, using the internal
plug handily provided, the power supply blew up. And they were
responsible for a vast number of shitty CD players in the early days
of CD, with their horrible idea of having one DAC multiplexed between
channels - blech.

Not one of my favourite brands!

Pigeon